Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wire Wire Pants on Fire!

You know how it is when you find something you like, how you just keep doing it over and over?  Well, that is how my week has been. I've fallen in love with braiding!!

Actually, I've always loved to braid. I taught myself how to braid when I was 4 on a Skipper doll.  I think she was Barbie's cousin! ;)  Anyway, I played with that doll's hair so much that I stripped the blond right off!  So began my love affair with braids.

Last week or so ago, I ran across some braids with wire. They looked beautiful!  Of course I wanted to try them for myself.  I found a tutorial for the Crocodile Ridge Weave Bracelet and I was hooked!  I think I've made about 6 of these so far!!  Here is a picture of my first one.

I showed it off to some guy friends of mine and they like it too, but said it was too narrow for them and asked if I could make a wider version.  Here is my 1st attempt with that.

The weave was a lot looser and didn't come out exactly as I'd wanted, but still looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!

Next I decided to get a little creative and mix different colored wires together.








3 comments:

mrs beadsley said...

these are fabulous! I love the bracelet with the looser weave - haven't seen anything like that one!

Unknown said...

Thank you Mrs. Beadsley!

Unknown said...

To make one of these bracelets wider, add more wires.
Linda