Monday, January 24, 2011

Jumping thru hoops!

Tonight's project was really very fun as well as educational for me. I've been wanting to make these for a while but have been busy making other pieces until now.

I picked up a tutorial by Bobbi Maw of Bobbi's Imagination's Jewelry about a month ago and decided to give them a try.  One of the great things about doing this piece is getting practice twisting and wrapping square wire. Two concepts you really need to master in order to make your pieces stand out.

I worked on these for about 30 minutes or so at the dining room table. When I was done, I showed them to my husband.  He usually looks over my finished projects, says Hmmm, and passes them back.  Tonight I got a different response and I must say, I was very pleased.  Instead of the usual, "Hmmm", I got a "Wow! These look REALLY good!!" Of course I had to tease him and say, "What?  You didn't think I do good work?"

He's used to seeing me tackle new things head on, but there is often a bit more of a learning curve where he hears my frustration and then sees the fire of enthusiasm for the new interest die out. This time I think he realizes that the pieces I'm making are quality pieces or maybe he's just seeing dollar signs!  Who knows. :)  Either way, it was nice to hear his enthusiasm. Not like he's actually gonna wear it himself, but he can see that it's something someone would like to buy for themselves or as a gift. Yeah me!

2 comments:

R said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I hope you come back and see other pieces I make. I have a fan page on Facebook if you'd like to 'like' it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=547941631#!/pages/Bent-Twisted-Creations/187109794643559